Pulso Latino Showcase

Last Saturday night was the Pulso Latino Showcase. The student-run Latin dance group also celebrated their 10th anniversary.

Pulso Latino danced a variety of dance styles including Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Hip Hop, and Fusion. There were also guest performances by Choom Boom (which I performed in), The Night Owls (who performed an acapella song in Spanish), and Afreen.┬áMy favorite piece was Brillante, which was also performed at the Fall Student Dance Concert last semester. Another piece I enjoyed was the Justin Bieber “Sorry” remix sung in Spanish. Although I could not understand the Spanish lyrics of the song, Latin music has a very catchy beat.

Isabella Dorfman ’17 is the co-president of Pulso Latino and also a close friend of mine. She is also a fan of K-pop, which is why I think Choom Boom usually gets invited to guest perform. As a fellow member of a student-run dance club, I know it takes a lot of work to put together dance pieces for a show. Every dancer is first and foremost a student, so sometimes it is difficult to coordinate schedules to rehearse. Pulling together a showcase is another level involving Goodhart staff, good social media publicity, many dancers, and lots of friends to come watch and support. I can’t wait to see what’s next for Pulso Latino!

Below is Choom Boom’s guest performance:

You can watch all the performances on Pulso Latino’s Youtube channel.
Stay updated by liking their Facebook page.

One thought on “Pulso Latino Showcase